Make this simple Iced Matcha Latte, just like the coffee shops you love. Matcha is blended with milk and served with ice.
4.92 from 50 votes
It is a delicious Iced Matcha Latte recipe that is refreshing and creamy. Matcha Lattes can be prepared hot or cold! If you’re looking for an alternative to the iced matcha latte from Starbucks or the local coffee shop, This recipe is ideal for you! It means you’ll be able to make your preferred drink at your home!
In the afternoon, around 3 pm, I get SUPER sleepy. I need a pick me up. What keeps me going in the warmer months is this: an iced Matcha Latte.
In after-hours, when I’m looking for some energy and I’m not able to handle coffee or espresso drinks (I’ll stay awake all night), Matcha lattes are my ideal choice.
WHAT IS MATCHA?
Matcha powder is composed of ground-up tea leaves. Instead of making cups of tea using tea leaves, they are ground leaves mixed with hot or warm water. If you’ve ever had the opportunity to visit Kyoto, Japan, be certain to stop by a tea shop and purchase beautiful matcha green tea powder to take on your travels. The tea bags make wonderful presents.
The recipe for this Matcha Iced Latte couldn’t be more simple. This is why it’s the ideal thing to make at the kitchen table!
HOW TO MAKE ICED MATCHA LATTE
A handful of spoons of matcha powder into a measuring cup. Add some teaspoons of boiling water.
Mix it until the matcha dissolves, then add the rest of the water and continue to whisk. I then transfer it to the freezer or refrigerator to chill for 15 minutes.
I am aware that the cooling component can be a pain, but it does help greatly in the final result.
Once the matcha has cooled, add a huge amount of ice into the glass. Then put the almond milk (or milk of your choice) into the glass along with adding a small amount of simple syrup. Then, add the matcha. The result is pure joy!
This isn’t an actual recipe, but rather an idea or an idea that inspired you? (I would like to think so) …? ).
MILK OPTIONS FOR AN ICED MATCHA LATTE.
- Oat milk.
- Almond milk.
- Whole milk.
- Soy milk.
4.92 out of 50 votes.
Create this simple Iced Matcha Latte, just like the coffee shops you love. Matcha is mixed with milk and served on Ice.
Cuisine: American, Japanese.
Keyword: how to make an iced matcha latte, iced matcha green tea latte, iced matcha latte, iced matcha latte recipe.
The prep time is 5 minutes.
Duration: Total time 5 Mins.
Serving Size: plus glasses of matcha iced tea.
- Two teaspoons of powdered matcha.
- 1.2-2 tablespoons boiling water.
- 1 cup warm water.
- – Ice.
Milk of preference (I made use of almond milk).
- In a measuring cup or bowl, mix the matcha to the bowl or measuring cup. Add about 2 to 3 tablespoons of hot water, and mix until matcha has completely dissolved into the water. This should result in the consistency of a paste.
- Pour another cup of water, and mix. Transfer to the fridge or in the freezer for approximately 15 minutes.
- Two glasses should be filled with ice, then add the milk of your choice so that the glass is approximately 3/4 filled. It is a perfect moment to mix in any basic syrup you’re feeling adventurous. Finally, add the matcha that has been chilled and stir.
Tea Kettle|Matcha Whisk|Matcha.